The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will directly assist the Finance Team with a wide range of tasks and projects related to financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting. This role will be full-time (37.5 hours per week) and will be based in the Silver Spring, MD office with potential for a hybrid work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Finance team to record entries for the monthly close.
- Reconcile assigned account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist with financial forecasting and trend analyses.
- Track existing grant funds and expenses and assist with financial needs for grant applications.
- Support the preparation and issuance of the annual audit.
- Prepare compliance reporting to investors and grantors.
- Provide support with department initiatives to improve accounting systems.
- Help with quality control of financial reporting and information,
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Help ensure proper accounting record retention.
- Assist with support related to organizational budgeting, cash management, loan loss reserve accounting, investment management, and long range forecasting.
- Assist in Treasury management, including idle cash management and wire/ACH setup.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Active CPA license or progress towards CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including skills to manipulate data in Excel, create and modify formulas, etc.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience performing accounting and financial analysis.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others and values the different contributions people make.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and potential with a target range of $80,000 to $95,000. Excellent employer-paid benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, unlimited PTO, life insurance, disability, 6% contribution of eligible salary to 401(k), transportation subsidy, matching contribution plan to eligible nonprofits, and bonus potential up to 10% of salary. Due to the nature of this position, background checks (including verification of education and employment, as well as criminal record) and credit checks will be conducted as a condition of employment.
About NeighborWorks Capital
Our WHY Statement: We believe the NeighborWorks America network is a powerful catalyst for locally-driven community advancement. We support their equitable and inclusive work by connecting human, financial, and intellectual capital.
NeighborWorks Capital is a national community development financial institution (CDFI) that serves the real estate financing needs of the 250 members of the NeighborWorks network located in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. NeighborWorks Capital is certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and is governed by an eleven-member Board of Directors, a majority of whom are Executive Directors of NeighborWorks organizations and industry leaders with expertise in community development, lending, and non-profit operations. NeighborWorks Capital is rated AA2 by Aeris Insight.
NeighborWorks Capital’s current capitalization is $187 million with more than $100 million in loans outstanding nationwide. NeighborWorks Capital is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, and provides loans to the members of the NeighborWorks network that undertake real estate development projects beneficial to their communities, including affordable rental, for-sale housing, and commercial projects. NeighborWorks Capital’s loans are used for pre-development costs, acquisition of sites and properties, construction or rehabilitation, interim and mini-permanent financing for operating rental properties, lines of credit, and organizational/enterprise-level financing. In addition, NeighborWorks Capital provides development services to assist customers to structure viable loan applications and projects.
NeighborWorks Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is NeighborWorks Capital’s commitment to treat all its employees and candidates for employment with dignity and respect and to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination, whether that discrimination is based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee organization, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or other non-merit factors. NeighborWorks Capital is committed to diversity and inclusion; and our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.